Skip to main content
The Church of Saint Anne was built in the 1720s by the brotherhood of Saint Anne on a project by the Lombard architect and Camaldolese monk Paolo Soratini. The current façade in neoclassical style was built in 1826 on a project by Vincenzo Vitali. The Greek cross-shaped interior has a dome and four chapels. On the altar of the chapel to the right of the entrance is the sixteenth-century fresco depicting the Madonna and Child. On the altar of the right arm of the cross, there is the seventeenth-century Holy Family painted by the Sienese artist Marcantonio Grecchi. In the presbytery there are two eighteenth-century canvases depicting the Souls in Purgatory. Of noticeable value is the organ, built in 1769 by Luigi Galligani from Foligno and equipped with a second echo organ.