Skip to main content
This small church is located in via Scuola Arte e Mestieri. According to Ludovico Jacobilli, it was built in 1094 by the bishop of Foligno Saint Bonfilio, but its current appearance dates back to the eighteenth century. The Leonine plaque affixed to the façade commemorates its consecration in 1190. Some scholars think that the church was built with the function of a family shrine, while the reference "dei Cipischi" is related to the name of the district; in fact, in medieval times the town was divided into districts. Some fragments of frescoes were transferred from the church to the area of the former Episcopal Seminary, dating back to different periods between the 13th and 14th centuries.