This church is a jewel of the late Baroque and Rococo, with its beautiful elliptical dome. It was made by Nicolò Mola and Domenico Ferrari based on a design by Carlo Fontana. It is the result of the renovation of the church and of the Olivetan hospital of Saint Mary in Campis acquired in 1672 by the nuns of the monastery of Saint Mary of Bethlehem. The church was consecrated in 1700 and dedicated to the Body of Christ. It remained the church of the monastery until the latter was suppressed in 1862. Inside it preserves the Communion of the Apostles, an altarpiece by Francesco Trevisani on the main altar. Other eighteenth-century paintings are placed on the other altars. Following the seismic events of 1997, it was subjected to restoration.
Il progetto Divina Foligno è sviluppato nell’ambito del “programma Agenda urbana di Foligno Smart community - Comunità, Sostenibilità – Foligno 2020” intervento OT.6 INT_01 “Realizzazione della rete di attrattori culturali attraverso la realizzazione di itinerari culturali e tematici
The Divina Foligno project is promoted and financed as part of the "Urban Agenda of Foligno Smart community - Community, Sustainability - Foligno 2020 program" intervention OT.6 INT_01 "Creation of a network of cultural attractions through the creation of cultural and thematic itineraries"