Skip to main content
There are written reports about the church starting from 1138. It became a collegiate church on an uncertain date and remained so until 1860. On the beautiful white and pink stone façade there are three ogival portals, which are surmounted by three small rose windows since 1889. The bell tower stands out over the building taking up the same colours. In the mid-eighteenth century, architect Pietro Loni completed the arrangement of the interior where there are two chapels, one of which was designed by Luigi Vanvitelli. The main altar is the work of Francesco Mancini. To the right of the entrance there is the fresco Nursing Madonna,angels and client between Saints Orsola and Catherine of Alexandria (maybe made before 1388). On the altar at the end of the right aisle there is a painting by Francesco Appiani with Saint Francis of Paola (dated around 1744). Some works once preserved here are exhibited at the Diocesan Museum of the Chapter. It was necessary to restore it, due to the 1997 earthquake.