Skip to main content
This unfinished church was built in the years 1760-1775 on a project by Carlo Murena on the site of the pre-existing bizzocal oratory of Santa Cecilia. The Franciscan Tertiaries from the Annunziata monastery and the very few Tertiaries from the Trinity monastery converged in the adjoining monastery built on a project by Pietro Carattoli. Today the church is a space used for the activities of the CIAC (Italian Center of Contemporary Art) and it is where the Cosmic Magnet by Gino De Dominicis is exhibited. The artwork is 24 meters long and represents a large human skeleton with exact anatomic features and with a large bird's beak replacing the nose. The skeleton is lying on its back and holds a golden iron rod balanced on the last phalanx of the middle finger of the right hand. The rod represents the magnet that puts the earth in contact with the sky. The artist intends to provoke a sense of inferiority and awe of the human being in the face of the superhuman and inaccessible. Opening times Summer timetable (until last weekend in October) Saturday and Sunday 10.30-12.30 and 16.00-19.00 Winter hours (standard time) Saturday and Sunday 10.30 -12.30 and 15.00 - 18.00 Closed 25 December and 1 January Prices Single Ticket (Church of the Annunziata + CIAC) Full price € 7,00 Reduced A € 5,00 (TouringClub members, FAI members, groups over 15) Reduced B € 3,00 (children from 7 to 18 years old) FREE (under 6 years old, tour guides, journalists, people with disabilities and their accompanying person)