Skip to main content
Built on a project by Luigi Fedeli di Sarnano in 1827 and dedicated to Apollo, this Theater was renovated and modified by Pietro Ghinelli of Senigallia in 1891. It was on that occasion that the theater’s name was changed to the current one, dedicating it to the famous Folignate architect Giuseppe Piermarini (1734- 1808). The restoration also involved part of the façade, with its lower order with three doors designed by Tito Buccolini. The upper part of the façade is what remains of the pre-existing noble palace of the Gregori family whose coat of arms is still visible in the capitals of two windows. Destroyed by the bombings during World War II, the remaining part of the building was only restored in 2004.