Skip to main content
Built between the end of the sixteenth century and the beginning of the following century, the Giusti Orfini Palace is an important example of Mannerist-Baroque architecture. It was renovated on commission of the Giusti family by the master stonemason Felice Tucci at the end of the seventeenth century, as indicated by the date carved on the balustrade. Over the entrance portal one may admire the coat of arms of the Giusti family who sold the noble floor to the Orfini family in 1799 and donated the rest of their palace in 1805. Inside there are decorative cycles from the end of the seventeenth century painted by an artist from the Gubbio area and representing the Olympus (atrium of the noble floor), Old Testament (Moses room), mythological scenes (Apollo room and Music room), allegorical figures (Justice room) and religious subjects (rooms of the Assumption, of Saint Joseph, of the Immaculate Conception and of the Coronation of the Virgin). In the vault of the first landing there is the Giusti family crest, amidts others of various noble families of Foligno.