Skip to main content
This oratory was built by the brotherhood having the same name during several periods, starting from 1587 up to the beginning of the eighteenth century. It is a typical example of a late Baroque oratory, with an imposing and sumptuous gilded stucco decoration and wall paintings. The hall structure is divided into three parts: the oldest body near the entrance, presenting a wooden coffered ceiling, was probably finished at the end of the 16th century; the central body, covered by a dome, was built in 1643 following the decision of the brotherhood to enlarge the church; the terminal section, above the altar, with a rectangular shaped barrel vault with lunettes, was started in 1702 and the works lasted about a decade. A fresco emerged during the restoration work, attributed to the French painter Noël Quillerier, dated back to 1626 and depicting the cult of Saint Helena. It should be noted that this seems to be the first of this painter’s known Umbrian works executed with the fresco technique. Opening From 1 November to 31 March 1st, 3rd and 4th Sundays of the month and public holidays 10.00/13.00 - 16.00/19.00. From 1 April to 31 October Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. Free entry info: 0742/330584 e-mail: