Piazza Garibaldi is overlooked by the Church of the SS. Salvatore and the Church of Sant'Agostino. The first, built between the 12th and 13th centuries, is a typical example of gothic art, with a façade of red and white stone courses and three ogival portals, with the central one being notable. Inside, several frescoes including the Madonna del Latte. At the moment, the church is only officiated on special occasions. To the back of SS. Salvatore, there is the rectory and Palazzo Parini. The church of Sant'Agostino, which dates back to the 13th century, was renovated in the 1820s and 1850s. Of the original architectural structure, little remains; in particular the bell tower with red and white stone courses, which was later renovated in 1472. The brick façade from the second half of the 18th century is divided by four large Corinthian columns with two statues. Inside, there is a large wooden carving depicting the Madonna del Pianto with Saints Augustine and Thomas of Villanova. In 1963, the church was proclaimed the main Marian sanctuary of the diocese, under the invocation of the Madonna del Pianto. In the center of the square stands a bronze statue of Garibaldi by sculptor Ottaviano Ottaviani from 1890.
Il progetto Divina Foligno è sviluppato nell’ambito del “programma Agenda urbana di Foligno Smart community - Comunità, Sostenibilità – Foligno 2020” intervento OT.6 INT_01 “Realizzazione della rete di attrattori culturali attraverso la realizzazione di itinerari culturali e tematici
The Divina Foligno project is promoted and financed as part of the "Urban Agenda of Foligno Smart community - Community, Sustainability - Foligno 2020 program" intervention OT.6 INT_01 "Creation of a network of cultural attractions through the creation of cultural and thematic itineraries"