The palace is the result of the merger of two pre-existing residences with adjoining gardens, one owned by the Angelellis, purchased in 1660 by the Pierantoni, and the other belonging to a branch of the Orfini family and subsequently acquired jointly by the Pierantoni and Polinori families in 1688. From 1879 to 1981 the building became an Augustinian monastery. The current building retains substantial elements of the architectural restoration carried out between the sixteenth and eighteenth centuries. On the main floor, three rooms have painted vaults: the Olympus Room, the Cupid Room and the Apollo Room. In the reception room, devoid of paintings, there is a beautiful stucco fireplace with the coat of arms of the Ravenstein family, relatives of the Pierantoni. In the Hall of Love, Cupid stands in the center and whips the swans pulling the chariot, ready to pierce gods and mortals with his arrows: “Love nihil immune”, or “None is immune to love”, the inscription clarifies. The frescoed vault is attributed to Giovan Battista Michelini (Foligno 1604-1679). Today the palace is used as a youth hostel.
Il progetto Divina Foligno è sviluppato nell’ambito del “programma Agenda urbana di Foligno Smart community - Comunità, Sostenibilità – Foligno 2020” intervento OT.6 INT_01 “Realizzazione della rete di attrattori culturali attraverso la realizzazione di itinerari culturali e tematici
The Divina Foligno project is promoted and financed as part of the "Urban Agenda of Foligno Smart community - Community, Sustainability - Foligno 2020 program" intervention OT.6 INT_01 "Creation of a network of cultural attractions through the creation of cultural and thematic itineraries"